Career Guide: Mary Cope
As an experienced HR professional, accredited career consultant, qualified executive coach (ICF), MBA and FCIPD, Mary has a wealth of knowledge and experience allowing her to offer the best possible careers advice and guidance to all types of Position Ignition clients.
Her previous experience working with FTSE and Fortune firms certainly equips her for supporting and relating to those clients with high-profile professions, positions and backgrounds.
The sectors Mary has worked in include the property sector, high-tech electronics, financial services, credit rating, and computer networking & manufacturing. Therefore, whether a client’s already involved in one of these sectors, or is looking for a way in, Mary is in a perfect position to guide them through any type of career challenge they might be facing.
Mary’s attitude is another thing that makes her well-suited to being a Position Ignition Career Guide. She is always looking to help people and businesses get ''from good to great'' and seeks the good in everyone, considering the best pieces of careers advice to be upbeat, positive ones.
Messages that Mary counts as worthwhile include:
- ‘It’s never too late and you’re never too old’
- ‘You’ve only got one life; it’s about making the most of it’
- ‘Be yourself; attitude is more important than aptitude.’
Her favourite quotes, ‘Winners never quit and quitters never win’ and ‘Do as you would be done by’ are clearly consistent with these sentiments.
Read Mary Cope's careers advice blogs:
- Marketing Yourself to Employers as you get Older
- Getting Older and Looking for a New Start
- A Life Less Ordinary
- Rev up your inner confidence
- Rich Legacy
- Is it time to leave work or should I stay?
- Career development: Going from Good to Great!
- Returning to work after a gap - part 2